Internet Marketing Made Easy for a Beginner
It’s not easy as a beginner to get started in internet marketing because so many *gurus* are hyping it up when really the only money they are making is from hyping people up. That’s NOT what internet marketing is about!
If you think that internet marketing is all about hyping up people to buy your products online – you’re wrong! That’s NOT internet marketing – that’s internet annoying, internet bullying, internet spamming! It’s anything but internet marketing! These types of individuals make internet marketing out to be sleazy and shady when in fact it’s anything but!
Internet marketing is simply a fancy name for someone who uses links to products and/or advertisements and receives compensation for doing so. I know many blogging moms who write about or record themselves doing their recipes online; they link to kitchen tools that they used to help and have some ads in the corner of their blog or video. That is a form of internet marketing.
Most internet marketers are stay at home moms and dads who are just passionate about something online. They have an audience and they link to products or advertise on their blogs to earn money.
So you’re a beginner? You want to start internet marketing but you don’t know where to start?!
You’re bombarded with emails of get-rich-quick promises from *gurus* that have some easy, out of the box way to do it? Sound about right?
If it were THAT easy, wouldn’t everyone be doing it?
I’m going to be real with you – internet marketing is a job like any other except you get to be in charge of you and you get to create the hours, the schedule, the content, the business yourself. You’re not getting up and going to a job to build someone else’s empire – you’re building your own and it’s work! Yes, the rewards kick ass, but it’s a job still.
I get up every morning, grab my coffee and then turn on my computer and work just as hard as anyone else at their corporate job. No joke. But I LOVE IT! I do it all in my pajamas and I can show you how too – if you’re ready to work for yourself that is? And I mean work friend! It will take you moving in a constant forward direction without making excuses – can you do that? Great! Here’s how some internet marketing tips for a beginner that will help you immensely!
Internet Marketing Tips for Beginners
- Find a good support group to help you with internet marketing. This is vital to your success because a good group will hold you accountable to growing your business and they can support you in areas you are weak. A group is full of contacts and people with different skills that are going to help you in every area. You need a support group!
- Buy a good beginners course from a reputable source to help you understand the overall concept of internet marketing. Yes, a good one will cost you some money, just like school costs money. Get a payment plan, use Paypal credit and do what you gotta do to make it happen. We’re talking about a few hundred bucks for your future?! Umm.. yea, duh, don’t be Mr. Scarcity in this area because you will cripple yourself before you even begin. Invest in an education and the tools you need. It’s like school, you need to pay for some classes and some tools to help you. It’s actually much cheaper than college and there are no student loans to pay off for years and years.
- Constantly move forward, even if it is a slow crawl! Some days will be harder than others, it’s like school, you’re learning new things, you’re not going to be perfect right out the gate. As long as you move forward, you are making progress. Don’t allow yourself to slack off for long periods of time because that’s NOT the kind of employee you want working for yourself.
- Invest in the tools you need to move forward. A domain name, hosting, keyword tools and some things will come with a price. Scarcity mentality will demolish your internet marketing business. You don’t need to buy every shiny object that comes your way – but don’t avoid paying for things you really need.
- Surround yourself with go-getters and people who share the same vision that you do! This is HUGE! The world can be a negative place and a lot of people are going to try and discourage you from what they don’t understand. No one is an authority in YOUR life except YOU! I’ve suffered some serious ridicule and judgement from friends and family but in the end, it’s not their life, it’s mine. Sure, they do it in love out of fear of what they don’t understand – but that’s why having supportive internet marketing friends is important. Stuff like that will get to you if you don’t have people around you with the same vision and goals.
Avoid Big Promises!
There are plenty of *gurus* who have some sort of internet marketing training for beginners, but you have to really be careful that it’s not all smoke and mirrors. Anyone who makes you big promises and guarantees is someone you want to avoid. If some guru is sending you emails 2 or 3 times a week with some shiny object that’s going to make you a ton of money – avoid them!
Internet Marketing is Made Easy with Good Support!
Internet marketing can only be made easy for a beginner when they have good support and a clear and precise beginners course. Start moving forward in your beginners course, even if it seems like a slow crawl some days.
Ask for help when things don’t make sense in your support group. Invest in the tools you need to make your business grow! Don’t buy every shiny object that comes along but invest in the tools your coaches suggest like a good keyword research tool, etc.
Stick to these 5 tips and internet marketing will be a lot more clear and easy for you as a beginner. We understand at the Pajama Affiliates what it’s like and that’s why we offer personal help and comprehensive courses to help beginners in internet marketing.